The Vacaville Opera House was originally built by Sidney Clay Walker in 1897. Walker was one of the original organizers of the Vacaville Water and Light Company. The Opera House originally featured a 600 seat theatre for operas and shows. Since Walker's death in 1908 the Opera House has been home to a movie theatre and Masonic Lodge Hall. For a time the first floor was occupied by the Golden West Market.